Phi Kappa Tau – Beta Xi Chapter
Long story short
Phi Kappa Tau was nationally founded in 1906 at Miami University in Ohio. We remember our roots to this day and continue to strive to be different from other Greek organizations by staying true to our initial beliefs: the innate worth of members, democracy, and Christian ideals.
In 1949, a group of University of Georgia students comprised of World War II veterans returning to college formed the Beta Xi Colony of Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity where it would thrive for 65 years. On October 22, 2011 Beta Xi re-charted and in just over three years, our brotherhood has grown to 100 men by searching for leaders who desire a loyal brotherhood, an effective medium to improve their community, and a means to progress into adulthood. In 2013 we unveiled the newest fraternity house at 558 West Broad Street, at the gateway to downtown Athens.